You’ve probably heard the word “heat pump” a few times throughout the past few years. You’ve done some online searches, you’ve talked to friends and neighbors, and at this point you’re interested. The only problem is, your home is a bit unique. You’ve got an old home that doesn’t have ductwork, or you’ve got a unique situation where electricity actually costs more for you than it does for your friends. Your home might even deal with different temperatures than your friends, family, or neighbors. So, what do you do in your specific case?
The good news is that our team can provide expert consultation when it comes to air conditioning service in Mclean, VA. We won’t shy away from telling you the truth as far as your home’s ability to efficiently use heat pump technology goes. But let’s talk about some reasons why a heat pump might be great for your home.
Your Specific Air Conditioning Situation
Before we talk about how great heat pumps can be and why you might want one, we need to talk about why you might not want a heat pump. We’ll list some specific situations below that could clue you in to why you might or might not want a heat pump depending on your home and unique needs.
- The technology looks nifty but my AC is running just fine. We understand the draw of investing in a heat pump, but if you’ve got a central air conditioner that’s running just fine without any hiccups, then it might not be worth it to replace it now. Especially if your home has a powerful and efficient heating system as well, you’d be better of keeping these units running until they start failing and then the most cost-effective option might be replacing them both with a heat pump.
- My air conditioner needs to be replaced. This is a tough situation to be in. While in some cases, investing in a heat pump could be a great reason to replace your old AC, especially if you’re not happy with your heating system as well. Just keep in mind that heat pumps lose their versatility and one of their major draws when you’ve already got a heating system in place that keeps you warm and comfortable. Not to mention the fact that a heat pump will cost more to install than a new central AC unit.
- I’m in the market for a heating and cooling system. Here’s where things get good. If your heater and air conditioner are on their last legs, or you need both systems for your new home, then we highly advise you to invest in a heat pump system. It’s going to give you quality heating and cooling for at least the next decade.
The Advantages of a Heat Pump
Here are some of the unique advantages of a heat pump system:
- They’re incredibly energy efficient.
- They’re both a heating and cooling system.
- They’re perfect for areas with mild winters and hot summers.