We know you probably don’t want to hear this, but there are things you can do right now as a homeowner that can lead to cooler temperatures in the summer. We get it, many people just want to call a hotline, have a professional do the work, and not really think about their thermostat or the air conditioning. A lot of homeowners assume that if they’re thinking about temperatures or AC systems, then they’ve already lost the battle against the heat. That’s not entirely true, though.
There exists a world where you can be a vigilant homeowner and proper advocate for your HVAC system while also enjoying your summer. Today, we’re going to talk about some best practices that can lead to optimal AC performance and a happier home. These include techniques like changing out the air filter and scheduling an air conditioning tune-up in Alexandria, VA.
Treat Your AC the Right Way
We’re not just sticklers for air conditioners. We’re trying to help homeowners get the most activity out of their systems possible. This means extending the lifespan, making sure they run at peak performance, and reducing as many repair needs as possible. No, this isn’t going to lose our company money. It’s going to keep customers returning because they can trust us to help them make the right decision. That’s what good, old-fashioned service earns you!
Here are just a few best practices that can help your AC run well this summer.
- Change the air filter. The air filter is an important component of your air conditioner. It’s responsible for keeping contaminants out of your system so it doesn’t suffer any damage or run into any inefficiencies. Unfortunately, the more clogged up your air filter gets, the harder it is for your AC to get the airflow it requires. Change your air filter every 1-3 months to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Use your shades and blinds. We can sometimes underestimate how much heat comes from sunlight during the day. It’s important to draw your shades or your blinds to limit the sunlight entering your home so you can help your AC with cooling things down.
- Insulate your home. How is your AC supposed to cool your home if all that cold air is escaping through gaps in the floor, walls, doors, windows, and air ducts? Make sure you properly invest in insulation so you can keep things comfortable inside.
- Uncover the air vents. Sometimes we move our furniture and put boxes around our homes and forget that we moved them. This can be bad because if one or several of your air vents are obstructed, you won’t get the cooling power you need.
- Invest in maintenance. Maintenance is an important service for your air conditioner. It allows for a professional to fix minor issues, improve the comfort you feel, and make sure your AC is running as efficiently as possible.
We can help! Our team can get to the bottom of your AC repair, or even provide scheduled maintenance when you need it. All you need to do is call!
Give Polar Bear Air Conditioning & Heating Inc. a call for effective service today!